Workshops Beginner Workshop Agenda (ArcSWAT)
The beginner workshop will train users in SWAT2012. The workshop is designed to be approximately 80% hands-on. We limit the class size to provide an opportunity for as much one-on-one interaction as possible. The list of topics below is a general guide for what is covered in the workshop. Please see specific details of the workshop you are attending for computer requirements and location information.
It is assumed that attendees have a working knowledge of ArcGIS. We will not review basic concepts of ArcGIS usage prior to covering the SWAT/ArcGIS interface.
As part of the workshop we will go through the calibration and validation of flow and nutrients.
The following topics will be covered:
- Model overview (theory)
- Model applications (theory)
- Introduction to SWAT/ArcGIS interface (GIS)
- Watershed delineation
- Landuse and soil overlay
- HRU delineation
- Weather and remaining inputs to develop the SWAT model (including point sources)
- Review of summary outputs
- Finish SWAT simulation using SWAT/ArcGIS interface
- Visualization and interpretation of SWAT outputs through GenScn
- Introduction of calibration and validation techniques (theory)
- Review model calibration through the model interface
- Address user requests and clarify anything covered on the first two days