Workshops Beginner Workshop Agenda (ArcSWAT)
The workshop will train users in SWAT2012. The workshop is designed to be approximately 80% hands-on. We limit the class size to provide an opportunity for as much one-on-one interaction as possible.
It is assumed that attendees have a working knowledge of ArcGIS. We will not review basic concepts of ArcGIS usage prior to covering the SWAT/ArcGIS interface.
As part of the workshop we will go through the calibration and validation of flow and nutrients.
The following topics will be covered:
- Model overview (theory)
- Model applications (theory)
- Introduction to SWAT/ArcGIS interface (GIS)
- Watershed delineation
- Landuse and soil overlay
- HRU delineation
- Weather and remaining inputs to develop the SWAT model (including point sources)
- Review of summary outputs
- Finish SWAT simulation using SWAT/ArcGIS interface
- Visualization and interpretation of SWAT outputs through GenScn
- Introduction of calibration and validation techniques (theory)
- Review model calibration through the model interface
- Address user requests and clarify anything covered on the first two days