Release Notes for Version 1.6
QSWAT3_9 is a 64 bit version of QSWAT requiring a 64 bit version of Microsoft Office and QGIS 3.28 (LTR - long term release version). If you do not have Microsoft Office, you should download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016, and choose the 64 bit version (called accessdatabaseengine_X64.exe).
Older 64 bit QGIS versions installed using an .exe installer:
Since version 3.20, QGIS has used the .msi installer only and users should choose the QSWAT3_9 download above. However, if you have an older version of QGIS and installed with the .exe installer, please install QSWAT3_64. This version requires Microsoft Office 64 bit or the 64 bit Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016.
32 bit Microsoft Office or 32 bit Windows:
If you have a 32 bit machine or you have a 32 bit version of Microsoft Office on a 64 bit machine, you need a 32 bit version of QGIS (you should choose 3.16 and the 32 bit .exe stand alone installer, not the MSI version) and QSWAT3. You should also download and install Microsoft Access Database Engine Redistributable 2016, and choose the 32 bit version (called accessdatabaseengine.exe).
If you make a mistake and there is a mismatch between your version of Microsoft Office and the database engine you choose, you will get a warning that you need to uninstall Microsoft Office. Don't do that! Back out without uninstalling Office and check these release notes again.
- Microsoft Windows (any version, as far as we are aware)
- Text editor and a tool to unzip archived files
- SWAT Editor - requirements include:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 or higher
- Install QGIS3 by going to the QGIS download page and selecting a suitable stand alone installer, version 3.28, as these are the long term release versions. See the Release Notes above for advice on which QGIS installer and which QSWAT3 plugin you need. Use the default folder in C:\Program Files (or C:\Program Files (x86)) to install in. We recommend that you select a long term release version of QGIS (currently 3.16 or 3.22) because that is what we test QSWAT3 against.
- Install SWAT Editor 2012 in its standard place C:\SWAT\SWATEditor.
- Refer to Appendix I of the QSWAT Manual for help updating a database.
- Refer to the SWATEditor_Documentation.pdf in C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\SWATEditorHelp for help getting started.
- Install QSWAT3. This adds some files to the SWATEditor: a project database and a reference database in Databases, SWATGraph in the SWATGraph folder, and also stores the TauDEM executables in two versions in new directories C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\TauDEM5Bin and C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\TauDEM539Bin. You are given a choice to install QSWAT3 just for yourself or everyone. It is recommended to choose the first, and this causes the QGIS plugin QSWAT3 or QSWAT3_64 or QSWAT3_9 to be put into the user's home folder, in AppData\Roaming\QGIS\QGIS3\profiles\default\python\plugins. If you instead choose to install for everyone, administrator privileges are required.