Release Notes for version 1.7
- QSWAT 1.7 is consistent with the latest SWAT Editor version 2012.10.21
- Supports conversion of ArcSWAT projects to QSWAT. In particular this allows QSWAT's visualisation tools to be applied to existing ArcSWAT projects. Details are in the 1.7 user manual.
WARNING: If you use version 1.7 of QSWAT on a project developed with an older version of QSWAT, then the reference database stored in the project directory will need updating. There are two ways to do this:
- After installing QSWAT 1.7 you can copy the new reference database C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\Databases\QSWATRef2012.mdb to your project folder, overwriting the file of the same name there.
- If you have made any changes to your project's reference database, such as your own usersoil table, it may be easier to update your database. You can do this when you start the SWAT Editor, before you start writing tables. Having started the editor and connected to databases, Select Write Input Tables, then Database Update. Select the bsn table, make sure Update SWAT Range Tables is selected, and click Update Database. Do the same thing for the rte table.
- Microsoft Windows (any version, as far as we are aware)
- Microsoft Access, as the interface uses an Access Database
- Text editor and a tool to unzip archived files
- SWAT Editor - requirements include:
- Microsoft Windows XP to 8.1
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 or higher
- Install QGIS by running QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.6.1-1-Setup-x86.exe. Use the default folder C:\Program Files\QGIS Brighton as the installation folder, or C:\Program Files (x86)\MQGIS Brighton on a 64-bit machine. Currently you must use the 32-bit version on 64-bit machines. It is also currently necessary to use version 2.6 rather than 2.8. From now on we will use Program Files as a folder name, even though it will be Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit machine.
- Install SWAT Editor 2012 in its standard place C:\SWAT\SWATEditor.
- Refer to Appendix I of the QSWAT Manual for help updating a database.
- Refer to the SWATEditor_Documentation.pdf in C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\SWATEditorHelp for help getting started.
- Install QSWAT. This adds some files to the SWATEditor: a project database and a reference database in Databases, SWATGraph in the SWATGraph folder, and also stores the TauDEM executables in a new directory C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\TauDEM5Bin. The QGIS plugin QSWAT is put into the user's home directory in .qgis2\python\plugins\QSwat, which we will refer to as the QSWAT directory.