SWAT-MODFLOW is an integrated hydrological model that couples SWAT land surface processes with spatially-explicit groundwater flow processes.
SWAT-MODFLOW version 2 was released Feb. 21, 2017.
The zip file contains:
- Tutorial with Example Dataset
- Source Code and Compiled Executable
- SWATMOD-Prep (graphical user interface)
SWAT-MODFLOW is a public domain model, and as such may be used and copied freely. The model links SWAT with the newest version of MODFLOW, MODFLOW-NWT. Recharge rates are passed from SWAT HRUs to the MODFLOW grid, and groundwater-surface water interactions simulated by MODFLOW are passed to SWAT subbasin channels for routing. Documentation and the SWAT-MODFLOW executable are available as downloads. A user interface to facilitate SWAT-MODFLOW linkage and model set-up currently is in development. SWAT-MODFLOW has been tested in several watersheds. However, no warranty is given that the model is completely error-free. If you encounter problems with the model or have suggestions for improvement, please comment at the SWAT-MODFLOW Google group.
- Read the tutorial
- Explanation of output.std Output File for SWAT-MODFLOW Simulations
- Join the Google group
- Assessing Regional-Scale Spatio-Temporal Patterns of Groundwater-Surface Water Interactions using a Coupled SWAT-MODFLOW model, doi: 10.1002/hyp.10933
- SWATMOD-Prep: Graphical User Interface for Preparing Coupled SWAT-MODFLOW Simulations, doi: 10.1111/1752-1688.12502