QSWAT is a QGIS interface for SWAT. Join the QSWAT Google group to interact with other members of the community.
QSWAT 1.4 was released Feb. 2, 2017.
Changes from version 1.3
- QSWAT 1.4 works with the latest SWAT Editor version 2012.12.19. This will also install the latest version of the SWAT executable, so be wary of doing this in the middle of a project.
- Users are now able to save SWAT outputs from the last simulation (which makes QSWAT visualisation possible), using the Read SWAT Output menu item under the SWAT Simulation item of the SWAT Editor, without (as previously) needing to rerun SWAT.
- Some slow processes (FullHRUs creation, Jenks breaks calculation for animation) have been sped up by reimplementation in C.
- Restarting a project is faster.
- Bugs fixed:
- the wrong data was used in plotting data from more than one scenario;
- including in a split landuse another existing landuse was not supported;
- storing large integer values in database tables could cause an error.
- Microsoft Windows (any version, as far as we are aware)
- Microsoft Access, as the interface uses an Access Database
- Text editor and a tool to unzip archived files
- SWAT Editor 2012.10.19 - requirements include:
- Microsoft Windows XP to 8.1
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7 or higher
- Install QGIS by running QGIS-OSGeo4W-2.6.1-1-Setup-x86.exe. Use the default folder C:\Program Files\QGIS Brighton as the installation folder, or C:\Program Files (x86)\MQGIS Brighton on a 64-bit machine. Currently you must use the 32-bit version on 64-bit machines. It is also currently necessary to use version 2.6 rather than 2.8. From now on we will use Program Files as a folder name, even though it will be Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit machine.
- Install SWATEditor 2012 in its standard place C:\SWAT\SWATEditor.
- Refer to Appendix I of the QSWAT Manual for help updating a database.
- Refer to the SWATEditor_Documentation.pdf in C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\SWATEditorHelp for help getting started.
- Install QSWAT. This adds some files to the SWATEditor: a project database and a reference database in Databases, SWATGraph in the SWATGraph folder, and also stores the TauDEM executables in a new directory C:\SWAT\SWATEditor\TauDEM5Bin. The QGIS plugin QSWAT is put into the user's home directory in .qgis2\python\plugins\QSwat, which we will refer to as the QSWAT directory.