Join us October 2020 in Jeju, South Korea
An International SWAT Conference will be held 12-16 October, 2020 at Halla University.
We are pleased to invite you to the 2020 International SWAT Conference & Workshops held in Jeju, South Korea on October 12-16, 2020. The conference will provide an opportunity for the international research community to exchange ideas, discuss challenges, and share innovations on SWAT. Additionally, workshops will open for students and professionals who are interested in learning and using SWAT. The workshops include intensive hands-on training on diverse SWAT applications. We believe that all attendees can enjoy Jeju Island, which received South Korea’s first UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site for its unique and beautiful natural scenery. Download conference flyer.
|Abstract submission deadline||July 15|
|Early registration deadline||July 15|
Online registration opening soon.
The conference registration fee includes coffee breaks, lunch and the dinner gala. The dinner gala is included in the registration fee, but will cost an additional $50 USD per guest of the participant. The workshop registration fee includes lunch and coffee breaks. All workshops will be held concurrently and a limited number of seats are available.
|Conference by July 15||$250 USD||$200 USD|
|Conference after July 15||$300 USD||$250 USD|
|Workshop||$200 USD||$150 USD|
Cancellation policy: All credit card transactions are subject to a $50 USD processing fee.
Call for Papers
Abstract submission opening soon.
The following SWAT special issue journals are accepting submissions. You do not need to have presented at a SWAT conference in order to submit a paper.
- Large Scale Applications
- Climate Change Applications
- Sensitivity Calibration and Uncertainty
- Biofuel & Plant Growth
- Environmental Applications
- Sediment, Nutrients, and Carbon
- Pesticides, Bacteria, Metals, and Pharmaceuticals
- Model Development
- Database and GIS Application and Development
- Urban Processes and Management
- Landscape Processes and Landscape / River Continuum
- InStream Sediment and Pollutant Transport
Workshops will be offered in parallel and are subject to cancellation if enough people do not sign up.
Participants must bring their own laptops with software loaded. Please also be sure to bring your own international plug adapter for your laptops if needed.
This is course designed to introduce users to the SWAT+ model, review necessary and optional inputs, and familiarize the user with the QSWAT+ and SWAT+ editor interfaces. It is assumed that attendees have a working knowledge of QGIS. The two-day course will not review basic concepts on QGIS usage prior to covering the SWAT/QGIS interface.
Advanced SWAT (SWAT-CUP)
This course will cover sensitivity analysis, model calibration with SWAT-CUP, and uncertainty analysis using the 2012 version of SWAT inputs developed using QSWAT or ArcSWAT. SWAT-CUP is a computer program for calibration of SWAT models. Participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop with projects for debugging. Advanced workshop topics.
APEX (Agricultural Policy/Environmental eXtender)
This workshop covers the fundamental principles of the APEX model with hands-on exercises for use in simulating farm/watershed management. The objective of the workshop is to introduce ArcAPEX to new users, to offer hands on exercises, and to and familiarize users with general procedures of model development, implementation, and evaluation.
This workshop will cover the basics of using MODFLOW to simulate groundwater flow in SWAT simulations. The SWAT-MODFLOW coupled model will be introduced and its use will be demonstrated using example datasets. Linking RT3D with SWAT-MODFLOW for simulating nutrient fate and transport in groundwater also will be presented.
Local Organizing Committee
- Seong Joon Kim (Conference Chair), Konkuk University
- Il-Moon Chung (Conference Co-Chair), Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology
- Nam Won Kim (Advisor), Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology
- Kyung Hwa Cho (Conference Secretary), Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
- Kyung Hyun Kim, National Institute of Environmental Research
- Dongil Seo, Chungnam National University
- Jong Ahn Chun, APCC
- Eun-Mi Hong, Kangwon National University
- Hyunsuk Shin, Pusan National University
- Kyoung Jae Lim, Kangwon National University
- Sang Dan Kim, Pukyong National University
- Sangjun Im, Seoul National University
- Seo Jin Ki, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology
- Won-Ho Nam, Hankyoung National University
- Yongeun Park, Konkuk University
- Younghyun Cho, K-water
- Changmin Shin, National Institute of Environmental Research, Korea
- Moon-Seong Kang, Seoul National University
- Hakkwan Kim, Seoul National University
- Inhong Song, Seoul National University
- Jeongwoo Lee, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology
- Chul-Gyum Kim, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology
- Gi-Won Koh, Jeju Province Development Co.
- Won-Bae Park, Jeju Research Institute
- Hyo Sok Chae, K-water
- Eui Ho Hwang, K-water
- Min Won Jang, Gyeongsang National University
- Mayzonee Ligaray, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology
International Organizing Committee
- Raghavan Srinivasan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Jeff Arnold, USDA-ARS, USA
- Jaclyn Tech, Texas A&M University, USA
The conference and workshops will be held at Cheju Halla University, a private university located in Jeju Province, Republic of Korea. The university is 5.4 km from Jeju International Airport which takes 20 to 30 minutes via bus no. 365 (bus fare: 2,000 KRW | 1.70 USD; alternative bus nos.: 600, 151, and 182) and 15 to 20 minutes by rental car or taxi (taxi fare: 7,000 to 10,000 KRW || 6.00 to 8.50 USD).
Jeju province offers a visa-free entry for most countries for a duration of 30 days (visa required for the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, China, Cuba, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Iran, Iraq, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Palestine, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Uzbekistan, and Yemen). For citizens of the countries mentioned, it would be easier to apply for a tourist visa. Please visit www.hikorea.go.kr for a detailed and updated visa information and conditions for a specific country.
- Maison Glad Jeju (2.2 km) - Website | Map
Address: 80, Noyeon-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
Price: ranging from 80 to 100 USD per night (check in: 14:00 / check out: 12:00)
- 9-min walk then Bus 365 from Jewon Apartment (22 to 25 minutes; fare: 1,150 KRW || 1.00 USD)
- Taxi from hotel (9 to 12 minutes; fare 3,500 KRW || 3.00 USD)
- Hotel with Jeju (1.7 km) - Website | Map
Address: 930-5 Nohyeong-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
Price: starts from 55 USD per night (check in: 15:00 / check out: 11:00)
- 10-min walk then Bus 365 from Wollang Village Namnyeong High School (20 to 22 minutes; fare: 1,150 KRW || 1.00 USD)
- Taxi from hotel (7 to 10 minutes; fare 3,300 KRW || 2.80 USD)
- Amber City Hotel (1.6 km) - Website | Map
Address: 912-3 Nohyeong-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
Price: starts from 48 USD per night (check in: 14:00 / check out: 12:00)
- 9-min walk then Bus 365 from Wollang Village Namnyeong High School (20 to 22 minutes; fare: 1,150 KRW || 1.00 USD)
- Taxi from hotel (6 to 8 minutes; fare 3,300 KRW || 2.80 USD)
- Hotel The One (2.5 km) - Website | Map
Address: 33 Sajang 3-gil, Yeon-dong, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
Price: starts from 57 USD per night (check in: 14:00 / check out: 11:00)
- 8-min walk then Bus 360 from Yondong 365 Clinic (20 to 25 minutes; fare: 1,150 KRW || 1.00 USD)
- Taxi from hotel (9 to 12 minutes; fare 4,100 KRW || 3.50 USD)
- Central City Hotel (2.0 km) - Website | Map
Address: 66, Noyeon-ro, Jeju-si, Jeju-do
Price: starts from 62 USD per night (check in: 15:00 / check out: 11:00)
- 11-min walk then Bus 320 from KT & G (21 to 25 minutes; fare: 1,150 KRW || 1.00 USD)
- Taxi from hotel (8 to 10 minutes; fare 3,300 KRW || 2.80 USD)
See our flyer for things to do in Jeju.
For help with abstracts, invitations letters, or registration, contact the international organizers at email@example.com.
Please add these email addresses to your contacts to ensure you receive our messages.
Subscribe to our SWAT conference mailing list to keep up to date with conference news and deadlines.